If a parent die and the sibling is not on the lease but

If a parent die...

If a parent die and the sibling is not on the lease but apply for the unit and denied what do we do to get them to move the items out of the unit

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Washington DC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not excepted rent from anyone do not want them to think they can keep the unit it is a coop

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

I believe you are saying that a sibling of your parent is still living in your parent's coop apartment but the sibling does not own shares of the coop, nor has a written lease. You want the sibling to vacate the premises. You mention items, so I am not sure if you are saying the sibling is still there or just the sibling's belongings. Please clarify so I can see how I can help you.

No the sibling do not live in the unit they have another residence just there mothers belonging are in the unit

So the Mother died, and you want the siblings to remove the Mother's belongings? Are you the personal representative of the Mother's estate?

No I have an attorney but the are not available at the moment just wanted a quick answer if they have any

Are you the executor of the Mother's estate?

I am the Property manager

Thank you for the information. Now, this is making more sense. You need to find out who the personal representative of the estate is. You have to find out what sibling is handling the Mother's estate. If the Mother had a co-op, someone must be handling paying the fees or planning on selling it.

the person applied for the coop is the head and application was denied only $750 is to be refunded
THANK YOU SO MUCH

You are welcome.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney