Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We have an attorney for a workers compensation case that

seem to be dragging his...
We have an attorney for a workers compensation case that seem to be dragging his heels. He has worked on the side of the insurance company of which is our opposition. We have had a court date for February 2018 and it has now been moved to March 2018. This March 2018 it will be four years since the injury in question. Do you feel that our lawyer is dragging his heels or does four years seem reasonable? We think he is trying to please both sides due to his previous business with them. Would you advise us to look for another attorney to take our case? Can we be adamant with our attorney that this date not be moved. After four years we are almost out of resources and cannot afford to keep putting the final court date off.
JA: Was this workers' compensation issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes, the details are listed in the previous chat post.
JA: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?
Customer: At will. Hourly
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/8/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's fine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks

Hi, just a moment...

Thanks so much for your patience. Generally, attorneys have a duty to zealously represent their clients and to basically not waste the client's time. If a client feels as if an attorney has done these things, they may discharge (fire) the attorney at any time. This is the case regardless of whether you are paid up or not to the attorney. You do not need to have any reason to fire the lawyer. In your case, I think it may be best to put the attorney on notice that you are considering looking for someone else. In addition, you should be adamant with your attorney that the date not be moved. If it needs to be moved, then the attorney should counsel you accordingly, but if there is no good reason for it to be moved, then you should hold firm. What other questions did you have for me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your thoughts on this. We may have more questions later.

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the screen you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Legal Eagle, Lawyer