I'm originally from St. Louis, MO and I have a misdemeanor…

Customer Question
I'm originally from St...

I'm originally from St. Louis, MO and I have a misdemeanor sexual misconduct from 1996. I still have the papers that I was given saying that I was to be taken off of the registry.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

But now that I'm moving back I am being told that I have to register, why is that? I will be moving back to St. Louis county at the end of this month

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MO lawyer about this yet?

No I haven't I moved out of state back in 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes how do I get taken off of the registry PERIOD knowing that I shouldn't be on there anyway

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

On what basis are they claiming you must register, under SONRA or under some other law? Also, what was the specific charge the conviction was for?