Two dogs came on my property went into my picnic covered…

Customer Question
Two dogs came on...

Two dogs came on my property went into my picnic covered building with fire place and all , where the cats mostly stays they got her back leg dislocated it and tore off the skin rush her to vet and she died two hours later from the trma the vet said!

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Precious 6 year sold part siame

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Precious?

Nothing precious was a gentle cat

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Lawyer: DrMDenney,
 replied 9 months ago
DrMDenney

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

Lawyer: DrMDenney,
 replied 9 months ago

I am so very sorry to hear abut your cat that is horrible.

It is highly probably given her injury that the femoral artery was involved with the leg dislocated and could have caused rapid internal bleeding leading to shock. Shock is where the blood pressure bottoms out and if it is not addressed the pet can die very quickly because their bodies just cannot handle the extreme low blood pressure for long. With trauma cases like these the hardest thing is that even with supportive therapy like IV fluids or a blood transfusion their bodies do not always respond and we can lose them despite all the care in the world which is heart breaking .

Another possibility that could have contributed to Precious's abrupt death in relation to the trauma she experienced is that she may have had an underlying heart condition that was silent. Meaning that there was no evidence of heart disease like a murmur you could hear, or fainting episodes. If there was a cardiac condition then with the trauma and following shock she went into causing the low blood pressure would be enough to lead to her heart to fail.

You could ask for an autopsy to check for the heart disease.

The only other cause of death I can think of is that when the attack occurred they may have shook her causing massive internal injuries that were not evident externally. Did she have X-rays taken or an ultrasound to check for these types of injuries? Internal injuries just like in people can manifest later after the trauma and if not caught in time or if they are catastrophic they pet can die very quickly despite all the care.

I am so very sorry this occurred. I know you must be heartbroken, I know I would be.

I hope this helps give you some ideas as to why she passed away from this incident.

My thoughts are with you.

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards ***** ***** deepest sympathies,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

I knew all this this wasn't my question I ask another question I know what killed her!
Lawyer: DrMDenney,
 replied 9 months ago

Was there another aspect to her case that you did not mention ?

Lawyer: DrMDenney,
 replied 9 months ago

What is your question?

Lawyer: DrMDenney,
 replied 9 months ago

Are you asking if your veterinarian is at fault for her demise ?

Lawyer: DrMDenney,
 replied 9 months ago

Once I know what your specific question or questions are I can better assist you.

Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA.

I am a licensed Attorney and I was asked by the site to see if I could assist you.

You can sue the owner of the dogs. Which State and County did this occur in?

This is just heartbreaking. I am so sorry this happened to you.