How do I evict a relative from my house that I am now to…

Customer Question
How do I evict...

How do I evict a relative from my house that I am now to sell as Trustee to the property, they are not named in the will and How can I serve them eviction papers?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Anne Arundel County Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I have offered my nephew to buy the house when his father past aw ay in March, my brother was named to live in the house till his death and his wife's, she past away 5 years ago and he in March, I did not know they had allowed their son ad grand kids to move in. which went again the Will. the grandson does not answer my calls and I have given him 8 months to file for a mortgage or move

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in Dallas Texas and want to know how to serve them with an eviction, they pay NO rent and have no lease and refuse to answer my calls

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: You may serve them with a notice of eviction at the property. You can either mail the notice to them or you can use either a process server or a friend to drop off the notice in person. The notice should provide 30 days for them to move out. If they do not move out at the end of the 30 day period, you will need to file an unlawful detainer suit against them. There will be a hearing at which they may present evidence to dispute the eviction. However, an eviction of a month-to-month tenancy (which a tenancy without a lease is considered) does not require a reason for the eviction and therefore will be granted by the court. Once the court has ruled in your favor, you can serve themwith a writ of possession and request the assistance of the sheriff's office to evict them.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Thanks for your quick response!
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago

You're very welcome.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.