I live in California and was served with a lawsuit in

Customer Question
I live in California...

I live in California and was served with a lawsuit in Georgia. How do I respond? Does Georgia accept demurrers for civil breach of contract cases?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in California and case was filed in Georgia, Dawson County.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

A Complaint was filed in Dawson County GA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience on this. I had something that took me away unexpectedly. Generally, according to a trusted source, " A demurrer is simply a specific type of objection. It is based on common law (having been around far longer than even the United States), originating under English common law. There's no form that it necessarily has to take. Now that being said, a demurrer is typically done in the form of a "motion for summary judgment" (Rule 6.5 et seq) in civil cases." Thus, the answer to your questino is yes, GA has a way to submit a demurrer. What other questions did you have for me?