If there is a libel suit will it be filed in county

Customer Question
defendent resides or plaintiff resides...
if there is a libel suit will it be filed in county defendent resides or plaintiff resides in or county libel occurred in
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is that jurisdiction is proper either a) where the cause of action happened or b) where the defendants live if all of the defendants live there when you are talking about a libel suit. Thus, you should file in the county where the defendant resides or where the libel occurred. The court will consider jurisdiction proper in either because it'll either give the local court the authority to hear the case or they can reason that if it is filed in the county where it occurred, witnesses and other relevant parties can participate. What other questions did you have for me?