I bought a truck from an indivisible had it resistor and…

Customer Question
I bought a truck...

I bought a truck from an indivisible had it resistor and received title,
No lien on it, vehicle was reposed this morning. What can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

2007 Ford F-150, New York State.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes bank said the person did not pay off loan.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Why did the DMV had no lein on Title

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would now have to sue the seller as well as the bank for repossessing the car without any lien recorded on the title. Failure to record a lien means that third parties are not on notice and not bound by that lien. However, because you have no contract with the lender, you need to sue the seller for not paying off the loan and the lender for improper repossession for not recording the lien.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney