We had to have our balcony floor reinforced because of weak…

Customer Question
We had to have...

We had to have our balcony floor reinforced because of weak spots.we told the workman we intended to put down tiles when the work was finished. they removed the top and bottom runners of our hurricane shutters and they put them back up lower than they were originally which had the shutters vanes so low that it made it impossible to tile the bacony, They refused to fix this unless we paid $450 for them to redo the work. Could I use small Claims Court to resolve this issue?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The Association paid these people to do the job. It was part of the 40 year certification, however, the contractor that did the job knew that I was going to install tiles in my balcony and the Association did too. They took my all tiles, fixed the balcony and I was to pay to put tiles back. But, they install the shutters back too and did it in such a way that I can not take the shutters out now. I need to pay them $450 to do this for me. I dont think it is fair. They should have not put them back again knowing that I needed to install tiles back. They did it anyway because they said that the Association asked them just in case of a hurricane.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Just to be clear, this work was done through and at the request of the Association? Did you speak with them and ask why they were unable or failed to place the runners where they were before? Also, the shutters can not be put up now, as a result?

the Association was in the process of the 40 year certification and ordered this job.
they did not tell me that they were going to placewd the with 17 screws that did not belong thee!
they had to placed the runners back, but they did not have to use screws that were different and now I can not take out the shutters without spending more money.

Thank you for the reply. They would need to return the runners to the place/location where they were originally. There is nothing wrong with removing them to complete the job but the cost to return them to where they need to go, should not fall on you, as the owner, when this work was being performed, by the Association. If they were not put back and in the same condition as when they were moved, they need to be. You can speak with the Association and advise them of this, as they should pay for it but if they refuse, you may have to sue. As I shared, this was a job done by the Association and if it effected your personal property, it needs to be corrected.

To tile my balcony now I need to take the runners out and I can not without someone special to remove these screws!
I dont want to pay more than $5.00 all I want is to know if I have a case or not?

$5 is a deposit. The site charges an additional fee, so please contact customer service, so they can explain this.

Please forget it. I dont want and I do not authorize to charge me more. ONLY $5.00
I already paid you $5.00. So, we are done. I do not want free trial. Because it is not free

Customer service can assist. I am a user like yourself.