I am having a real battle with my current landlord and i…

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a real battle with my current landlord and i need some help with a few things

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Boston,Mass

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We are in the court process, he was put into court for non repairs and I am legally with holding rent. He just sent me a text that he is sending someone to the property to repair the tub however, we won't be able to to bathe/shower for for 48 plus hours and he's not providing accomidations claiming he doesn't have to'

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am counter suing and want to know the most I can sue for. I fell down stairs he refused to repair and injured my shoulder perman and still have quite a but of pain

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You can sue for actual damages. By that, I mean costs incurred or damages suffered, as a result of his actions. In this case, if he refused to repair the stairs after he was placed on notice of an issue and you were hurt, you could sue him for medical bills incurred. Moreover, if you have had to come out of pocket to fix something, you could try and recover that as well, unless you want to try deducting it from any rent. It is important to remember that when suing, you need to show and support the damages, which you seek to recover. You can sue for what you can prove and show. An amount can not just be randomly demanded, which the Judge will reward.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!