I am a senior living in Thornton. I don't know if you can…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** I am a senior living in Thornton. I don't know if you can help me but I need someone to help me have a contractor finish a construction project that was started back in August. He said he has ordered the material but it has been two weeks. Can you help me please. If not could you refer me to someone who can. Thank You...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet, you are my first contact

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Their fee if possible

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your first step is contacting your CO Attorney General Consumer Complaints office: https://coag.gov/file-complaint

Second, you can contact DORA, which is the agency that licenses contractors and make a complaint against the contractor: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/dpo

If those two entities cannot negotiate a resolution, then you can get a local attorney through your senior center or legal aid and they can sue for breach of contract on your behalf.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.