I disabled my son about 5 years ago, because he is mild to…

Customer Question
I disabled my son...

I disabled my son about 5 years ago, because he is mild to severely autistic, my husband is an owner operator of his own truck, this year social security sent me a letter that they overpayed me for 2015 and 2016, which we believed not to be true because his profit and loss statments don't reflect that we even made enough money we applealed and we gave all the information and after 60 days they decided that we still have to pay

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In court (officially) no because i did the appeal my self

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question is, is my child still disabled? and can i hire a lawyer after those 60 days and fight this and still pay monthly so it doens't affect my credit

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have the right to request an appeal hearing before an administrative hearing officer. You would need to submit a written appeal request for hearing and you would need a local attorney to represent you in the hearing to prove to the administrative judge that their calculations are incorrect and that is your final option.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.