A judge dismissed my case without prejudice With the proper…

Customer Question
A judge dismissed my case...
A judge dismissed my case without prejudice With the proper documents I asked that the case be reopened he refused to reopen my case.Is there any way I can get the case reopened.And dos the statute of limitation apply to a case that has been dismissed without prejudice, was it a civil rights violation not to look at the new evidence
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. When a case is dismissed without prejudice, that means you're allowed to refile the case with a new case number. If you cannot afford the filing fee, you can request a waiver. The judge is unfortunately not required to reopen a case or look at any evidence on a case after it's been dismissed. Look at the judge's reasons for dismissing the case and make sure the new Complaint doesn't raise the same issues. The other option is to appeal, but there is a 30 day time limit, and that can be more time consuming and expensive than refiling. Note that in some locations, small claims cases cannot be appealed. Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?