I hired a lawyer for an accidental case. The lawyer did not…

Customer Question
i hired a lawyer for...
i hired a lawyer for an accidental case. The lawyer did not do his due diligence as it relates to the case. I made requests that the lawyer lied to me about and had no evidence that he had completed the task that I requested. I asked over and over again and he ignored my requests. The offender insurance company made an offer. I have not accepted the offer. I am waiting for the lawyer I hired to do an thorough investigation on the offender, like he stated to me he had done earlier on. I decided to not make a decision on the matter. Time passed and they had to discuss with the judge why the case had not been settled. I was told that I did not have to attend the hearing. It has been a few months and I have not heard anything from them. I went on line I saw that a hearing has been schedule for next year. My question is about my options from this point forward. What are my options? How do you suggest that I handle this at this point?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Andrew, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are having. The hearing is likely a scheduling conference where they will determine the dates to move forward with your case. If you are not satisfied with the progress on your case or you do not believe that your attorney is truthful with you or is not doing a good job you can always seek new representation. Your current attorney may have a lien for any work that he has done to date in your case especially if you have a contingency fee agreement with him but you still have the option to replace if you deem it necessary.

I would talk to your current attorney find out what is going on and make a determination on whether you want to stay with him or not. If you decide that you want to move on find a new attorney willing to take your case before firing the old one.

Is there anything else I can help with? If not just accept and rate my answer. 5 stars is appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer