Need to find a lawyer in San, CA area to file defamation law…

Customer Question
Need to find a...

Need to find a lawyer in San Jose, CA area to file defamation law suit

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

Looking for a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Have not talked to a lawyer regarding this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Need to file today before the statue expire and then work on the details later

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/6/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Unfortunately, per the terms of service of this website, legal experts are not allowed to represent customers, since JustAnswer is not a law firm. Nor are experts allowed to make direct referrals to specific lawyers or law firms. What I can do, however, is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one so that you can find a civil litigator who can represent you in a defamation suit.

One such source would be the California Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and that fee includes a free half hour appointment with a lawyer.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=CA

To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but two that highly regarded are www.Martindale.com and www.Avvo.com

Many of their lawyers are peer and client-rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.