N.C. Writ of execution ... The title of our home is in my…

Customer Question
N.C. Lawyer's Assistant: What...

N.C.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Writ of execution ...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes..the title of our home is in my wife's name and my name. I was sued only.Is the home involved? Thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/5/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If you are asking if the creditor can come after the home, technically the answer is yes if your half of it has more equity in it than any exemption amount..

.

A creditor can come after any assets your name is ***** ***** try and collect. But with your home, there is a certain amount of equity that is exempt. In NC, that is $35,000. So if your home has less than $70,000 in equity in it, then it would be exempt from your unsecured creditors.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney