I am concerned about a contract. The first contract has been…

I am concerned about...

I am concerned about a contract. The first contract has been completed with the work but I am still owed half of the previous contract amount. The new added change contract still needs to be paid half amount of the 7200 so I can complete it. I didn't read this waiver (new) contract until later and I had signed it. The 6509.02 on the new contract does not add up to the amount of the half owed from the previous contract amount of 17,400.00 or half of the deposit owed from 7200. There is a lot of legal beagle phrases I need clarity.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Dallas,Tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I think filed maybe by now..

11/5/2017
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

So just simplifying this down... does the customer still owe you half from the first contract and they are now asking you to do additional work without having paid you for the first one in full?

.

.

thanks

but even then 6509.02 doesn't add up to the half owed or the half I'm owed on the 7200. Did you receive the contracts I just signed?
Your answer ???
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

The Attorney that you were working with opted out of you question. It would be my pleasure to review your attachments. The site provides for document review services under Premium Services.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
I saw that the waiver. The other documents are not as clear. There was an initial contract for what amount?
The initial contract was for 17,400 which 8000 deposit was given up front to buy supplies, materials, and pay my help. The remainder is suppose to be given upon completion of first contract..it still has not been paid.The second contract came up when after renovations it was deemed that 10 more frames were needed at site. The 7200 was the bot***** *****ne amount for the additional frames where 3600 is supposed to be given to me to complete 100% of same project I have not received half yet, and he sent me this waiver contract..
The first contract is completed so he should be giving me my other half remaining balance..he also should be giving me half of the second contract of 7200 to complete that project and once its done give me the remaining balance of 3600 upon completion. This waiver states things I don't fully understand and I'm just trying to make sure he's on the up and up about the balances owed.
The waiver states that $6,509.02 is the amount that satisfies payment in full of the contract(s). Based on what iou are saying that would not be the correct amount. I am not sure why you signed the waiver if that amount does not represent the total amount you are entitled to receive.
I didn't read the contract before I signed it.. I've known him awhile..is there anything ( like the three day change my mind ) or ANYTHING I can do to unsign / get out of this contract. I signed it Friday.
There is no exception to terminate the agreement. That being said every contract requires good faith and fair dealing. There also needs to be a meeting of the minds. If you are owed more money this waiver was not drafted in good faith. Where are you located so I can provide you with a link for local Attorneys that provides Free consultations that could assist you.
Dallas, TX
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/contracts/dallas/texas Thank you for using JA.
Thank you ma'am..
My pleasure.