I finished a case for DUI with a misdemeanor. NYC wants to…

I finished a case...

I finished a case for DUI with a misdemeanor. NYC wants to terminate, as I am considered Peace Officer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

NYC, conditional discharge after 1 year interlock

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

A couple, union lawyer says I'll be terminated

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I get conviction sealed? Or should I resign to avoid NYC blackball employment?

11/4/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I will await your response.

Your Questions:

Can I get conviction sealed?

Response 1: Unfortunately, you cannot get this conviction sealed at this time because you need to wait for ten years in order to apply for sealing of the record. See NY Criminal Procedure Part 2 Title H Article 160 Section 160.59.

Or should I resign to avoid NYC blackball employment?

Response 2: You may consider resigning. However, I really cannot give you legal advice because I am not your Attorney.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law