Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Who are the best defamation lawyers in the Buffalo, NY area?

Customer Question
JA: Because laws vary from...
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: Buffalo, New York.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
11/3/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Unfortunately we cannot give specific referrals to specific attorneys; please see a link to the county bar referral service here

You can also check the many online client and peer review websites to get an idea of an attorney's reputation in the area.

Slander and Libel are forms of defamation (slander is oral, libel is written).
Basically a defendant can be liable for defamation if the defendant
1. publishes a statement
2. to a third party
3. that puts plaintiff in a false light
and
4. plaintiff suffers harm as a result of the false statement.
There is defamation per se-meaning that malice and damages generally need not be proven, as the statement is so hurtful/derogatory they are assumed to be damaging.
These involve statements that address:
1. chastity (so sexual misconduct)
2. criminal misconduct
3. indiciating a person had a loathsome or contagious disease
or
4. conduct that is inconsistent with one's profession or business.

The courts do allow for opinions to be expressed in most circumstances but it must clearly be an opinion as opposed to a fact/statement.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't believe I trusted your service and you gave me such weak information. I've been researching this question for a month and unfortunately the county bar knows less about are there any defamation lawyers in the city of Buffalo than I do. Your answer was not worth the refundable $5.00 I paid with my debit card. I'll give you one more chance at this or I want a refund. I don't want to give you a bad review, but one month and no lawyer and the statute of limitations is running out. So tell me, who are the best defamation lawyers in the state of New York? Please reply promptly or I'm feeling your services are just another internet scam rip off. Thank you. ***** *****.

I'm sorry but I am not able to provide specific legal referrals - I will opt out so perhaps another contributor may assist you.

Thank you.

Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley

I am another expert and would like to help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Mr. Bradley,
I would have used your services for years to come and referred many of my friends to your service, but now I am feeling suspicious of your service. I asked a simple but very important question to your service over 24 hours ago and yet I still haven't received an answer. My question is who are the best defamation lawyers in the state of New York. This may include Buffalo, Rochester, and New York city. Please respond right away or I will use the refundable guarantee, go with another service and give you a bad rating.***** *****
I just wanted to confirm you still were interested in a reply. Please give me a few hours and I will send you a list of attorneys who are highly rated when I get into my office.

here is a list of attorneys who are highly rated in Buffalo for defamation

I can not vouch for them but they are highly rated by their peers

I would suggest looking at some of the attorney's profiles and web sites and make a couple of consultations

defamation is a limited type of the law so not many attorneys practice it

https://attorneys.lawinfo.com/defamation/new-york/buffalo/

https://www.lawyers.com/libel,-slander-and-defamation/buffalo/new-york/law-firms/

https://www.lawyerland.com/lawyers/law-firms/accidents-&-injuries/slander/buffalo/ny/

http://www.larrykermanlaw.com/practice-areas/civil-litigation/

if you open it up to NYC that would greatly increase the number of lawyers

let me know

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer