If a defamation would insite a criminal act from a mental…

If a defamation would...

If a defamation would insite a criminal act from a mental person. Could the said person who slanders / defamation that person be held responsible of a crime?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

West Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Could a mental person be acquitted of a crime if there Action was insisted by s defamation/ slander

11/3/2017
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Hi again.

Q: Could the said person who slanders / defamation that person be held responsible of a crime?

A: No, the person who slanders would not be responsible for the other person’s crime. Defamation is not a defense to a crime (even if he has mental issues), nor does it allow blame to be shifted to the person who defames.

Q: Could a mental person be acquitted of a crime if there Action was insisted by s defamation/ slander

A: No, defamation is not a defense to a crime

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

if a mental person is told a rumor than instite them to do a criminal act could the person that started the rumor be charged with a crime?

Hello again.

No, the person who started the rumor would not be charged with a crime.

Hello again. I am confused as to why you would indicate that I provided you with bad service after I answered your legal questions? Thanks.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney