What happens if someone wants to use your address for parole…

What happens if someone...

What happens if someone wants to use your address for parole but they do not live with you?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri, he is getting it for drug court but his family lives in Illinois-which is where he will be living but he states he has to have a Missouri address or he can't get parole

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, this has not happen he is just asking me to use my address

10/31/2017
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. To start, a parolee has no reasonable expectation of privacy in his home, so you'd be agreeing that police could search your house without a warrant at any time. In addition, when the parole officer found out that your friend lied about where he was staying, his parole would be revoked. He would have to go back to jail. You could both be charged with committing perjury before a probation or parole board (him for actually doing it, you for aiding and abetting him), which is a Class D felony. If they find out that he's planning to use your address but not live there, they'll add another 60 days before he's eligible for parole. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Thank you, ***** ***** I work for the federal government then I could lose my job

For a lot of federal jobs, getting charged with a felony OR a crime of deception could result in losing your job, yes. And this would be both.

Thank you! I figured that was a bad ideal but I just wanted to confirm.

You're welcome! Have a good day.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney