Can overtime pay be with held at employees request and paid…

Can overtime pay be...

Can overtime pay be with held at employees request and paid on next pay?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

10/30/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Generally, an employer is required to pay all wages due to an employee at the time agreed upon for payment in your state. An employer cannot withhold wages unless required by law or upon agreement by the employee and the employer. Accordingly, there is no law that prohibits you from working with your employer to have your overtime withheld until a later date. This kind of deferred compensation happens on the regular basis wherein a party can request that they be paid out in some capacity at a later time, just make sure that you and the other party agree to all of the terms in writing so there's no confusion.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Thank you. Great response time. 5 stars

Thanks so much! The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the screen you should see a chance to give me a five star rating officially! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer