Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

It's a harassment issue. Ct. Union. It is a problem with a…

It's a sexual harassment...

It's a sexual harassment issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ct

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is a problem with a union co-worker

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/30/2017
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hello; what is your question please?

Do i need a video of an employee who likes to place a rubber antenna in the buttock area in order to have proof of sexual harassment.? I have told him to stop he has said " you like it " [ male to male ].The boss is in his pocket and I know our union brothers will not be witnesses. Happened at least 10 times and I have said loudly " cut that out ". Otherwise it is a he said he said situation.

I'm sorry - I'm not set up for the premium service phone call request; but I can assist you on this page;

No, a video is not necessary in order to prove the occurrence of an event, but it may help substantiate one's claims.

Rather one can submit evidence such as personal testimony of the situation/events, affidavits from third parties, copies of complaints/reports of incidents to HR, etc.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable ongoing sexual harassment would be; a few moments please. I want to verify some information.

please forward response to my email ***@******.*** , I have a dumb phone and cannot open the link on the text. Thank you

Connecticut is a two party consent state, meaning all participants to a conversation must provide consent before the conversation can be recorded.

However, the states are divided on whether videotaping workplace harassment is a protected activity so it will depend on the particular court and the judge's interpretation of the law.

These type of cases have two possible solutions:

1. file an EEOC complaint here:
https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm
2. bring a civil suit for hostile work environment, alleging that the employee was harassed due to their status in a protected class. Damages may include lost wages, pain and suffering, even punitive damages designed to punish the defendant.

in order to have a case for discrimination or wrongful termination or hostile work environment, the employee must have been victimized due to his/her status in a protected class, including race, gender, religion etc.
Categories are explained in detail here:
https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/
This explains harassment, which is the basis for a hostile work environment claim:
https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/harassment.cfm

Sexual harassment is one of the most common because it involves a protected class (gender)

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer