I am being sued for breach of contract by a financial

I am being sued...

I am being sued for breach of contract by a financial advisor who has sent me an a time list of "extra services he has performed that,he claims, outside his contractual fees. He is suing me for $33,000 and interest and lawyers expenses. I am a resident of Montana and need to find a lawyer licensed in California. I am having no success and am running out of time. I need more time to find a lawyer and prepare for the trial in two weeks or less. I don't know if I can act in my own defense, but at my age, 82, it would be difficult. I hope you can help me. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The trial is in San Francisco.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I haven't filed anything, because she I don't know what to do. I have spoken to lawyers here in Montana who ha what advised me not to directly contact the lawyer who sent the supeona, and the Montana attys cannot get involved in cases out side Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did not re wives the letter from CA which was dated September 20 and had been sent to my residence in Helena Montana. I was in Long Beach CA until Oct. 18, so didn't pick up my held mail until then and missed the ten day deadline they had set for a response. I first learned of the suit on Oct. 12 when I was summoned in Long Beach and the new deadline to e

10/30/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Legally he cannot recover fees for work you never authorized or contracted for.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
my next step is to contact one of the directories you mentioned?
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
Phone call session started
Precisely!
Not at this time.
Good luck.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney