In reference to the Colorado rules of civil procedure 59 for…

hello in reference to the...
hello in reference to the Colorado rules of civil procedure 59 for a new trial how long does it usually take for the judge to respond and is there another motion i should file with the court if i don't hear back within a certain amount of time.
10/26/2017
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Hello again! Usually, the court administration requires Judges to make a decision within 3 months. However, sometimes the docket is full and Judges take almost up to 6 months, which is the worse case scenario. What attorneys usually do is call the clerk every couple weeks for an update on the status. After about a month and a half to two months, an attorney may call chambers to speak to a court attorney about the status. There is no other motion to make unless there is a request for a stay. I hope this helps you. Any further questions, let me knwo. Best regards.

thanks damian

You are welcome!

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney