Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Sorry I type slow. Is it illegal for employees to date their

Sorry I type slow....
Sorry I type slow. Is it illegal for employees to date their one customers?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Think employee works with a bank and I don’t have physical proof
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Don’t know I am the customer who is dating my spouse from our own bank. Is that conflict of interest
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the other employees are saying that they have never heard of the girls name, yet I have deposit with the employees name on. I believe everyone in the bank knows of relationship. I believe she has moved to another city
10/25/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

It is possible that the company may have a policy against it. I do not think it is necessarily illegal, for an employee to date a customer of a bank and if they do and become aware of it, they may need to disclose it to HR. However, this is not a situation whereby the profession does not allow it while they are a customer or a situation like this, so this can be reported to the HR of the bank and they can investigate.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can a company/bank
provide a customer with a copy of their bylaws upon the customers request, the employees HR policy handbook

They would not be obligated to. That is something created and given to the employee, to place them on notice, as to the companies policies. They would not have to provide a customer with a copy, since the customer does not work for them. If the customer has concerns, they can certainly report this to the bank and the bank can look into it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appreciate your help and thank you for your time and patience.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
LegalKnowledge, Attorney