Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My sister was sent a subpoena to appear in an attorneys

Customer Question
office and we need to...
My sister was sent a subpoena to appear in an attorneys office and we need to postpone it as she is disabled and has severe health issues in addition she has a very important Dr. Appointment that has been scheduled for several months and she can't wait to get in several months later.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?
Customer: Peoria Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It is for discovery deposition in a lawsuit against an insurance company. Are you asking if the court has been notified? It is in the opposing attorneys office not a court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
10/25/2017
Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

How much time do you have?

The best and easiest way to handle this is to explain that to the attorney that issued it and ask for an accommodation to reschedule at a mutually-acceptable date and time.

Tina, Lawyer