I cosigned on a car loan in PA I receive social security and…

I cosigned on a...

I cosigned on a car loan in PA I receive social security and a retirement. Can my bank accounts be frozen by the creditor if I do not Pay on the delinquent loan The car has been repossessed. In PA is my home that I own subject to a lien? If in my name and wife"s can it still be liened?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

IT is in Pennsylvania. a 2014 Mazda

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I received a letter from the bank It will be sold by sealed bid in early November.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't remember receiving the federal document called the notice of cosigner

10/24/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

As a cosignor you are jointly liable for the debt but your accounts cannot be garnished without a judgment being rendered against you and a garnishment order being made.

You can oppose any judgment and garnishment order or request relief from such order in cases of bankruptcy or where your income levels are below the Federal poverty guideline by filing a request for relief with the court imposing an order on your accounts.

You might also negotiate a settlement for the repayment before any order could be made.

We are here to help.

Please follow up if you require additional information.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS before exiting today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
If I don't pay can a lien be placed on my home? It is solely in my name. PA law says they cannot garnish ss or retirement but if Its in a bank account they can do it?

If they received a judgment, they could execute that judgment by placing a lien on your home or other property including accounts.

A writ of execution takes the following form:

"

WRIT OF EXECUTION

NOTICE

This paper is a Writ of Execution. It has been issued because there is a judgment against you. It may cause your property to be held or taken to pay the judgment. You may have legal rights to prevent your property from being taken. A lawyer can advise you more specifically of these rights. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must act promptly.

The law provides that certain property cannot be taken. Such property is said to be exempt. There is a debtor’s exemption of $300. There are other exemptions which may be applicable to you. Attached is a summary of some of the major exemptions. You may have other exemptions or other rights.

If you have an exemption, you should do the following promptly:

(1) Fill out the attached claim form and demand for a prompt hearing.

(2) Deliver the form or mail it to the Sheriff’s Office at the address noted.

You should come to court ready to explain your exemption. If you do not come to court and prove your exemption, you may lose some of your property"

Best

Attorney Bill