3 years ago i got into a partnership with 2 brothers.

3 years ago i got...
3 years ago i got into a partnership with 2 brothers . Contract is verbal . Business already existed a franchisee liquor store and gas station ( like 7-11) recently llc conver . Could not put my name because of franchisee ownership .. Every thing was fine . Except been begging to see financial for years and just excuses . Recently found out both the brothers have been stealing thousands of dollars . Made a back of dvr one partner just voiding transactions and pocketing money .other brother i think keeps cash in pocket instead of depositing all . So today from cash register i printed till date sales , got last years purchase list , printed back statements . Solid proof that they both are stealing . What are my choices . One more point i would like to mention is because of franchisee i used to take my share in w2 . Please help
10/24/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi Ragbir. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am sorry to hear about the situation you are in.

Answer: You will want to start with a demand letter to the brothers (certified mail, return receipt requested) requesting a copy of all of the financials for the company. If they do not respond or refuse to provide such financials, you will have to file suit against them for damages. If they do provide the financials, you will want to follow up with a demand letter requesting a return of all money that was unlawfully taken from the company.

It is likely that after the first demand letter you will have to file suit against them. You will probably want to hire an attorney for this litigation. I know it seems self-serving for an attorney to tell you to use an attorney. But, if I believe that you can handle a legal matter on your own, I will tell you so. This is simply not one of those cases. Just like you can sometimes use the internet to diagnose a medical issue yourself and don't need a doctor, but you would never try to do surgery on yourself. Litigation is like surgery.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Sir since i have the 2015 drawings numbers , can i legally withdraw my share for that . While i wait for financials for other year ?

I would not pull out any money from the business without consulting with the attorney you hire first. They may want to employ a specific strategy which would benefit from you not pulling money from the business.

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.