Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Question: Proper serving of Subpoena's to testify at trial.

Question: Proper serving of...
Question: Proper serving of Subpoena's to testify at trial. I'm the Plaintiff. My case is against a Cruise Line. The Court is only blocks from the Cruise Co. Corporate Offices where these two are located. So it's less than 5 miles. What does the Federal Court consider proper notification? They are represented by a large firm pulling lots of shenanigans - lol- so to speak.
Do I have to get a company to serve it personally? Can I submit it to their Attorney is that acceptable? I have them stamped already from the court. I have already her from the dirty defense attorney that anyone I need a witness will have appearance issues because they have other obligations. But said they can set up a video testimonial to be played at trial. But that will not work in my favor .
These men hold high positions. And were deposed and contracted everything. And lied about many things. The only way to show this is to have them testify live. One example is we needed to depose the chief medical officer. So the company sent him as a rep , even though he is a doctor for 40 years he refused to answer general questions or directed questions. The patient died from salmonella poisoning . A simple stool sample would have confirmed it. He would not answer the question of how the medical industry diagnosis food borne pathogens. So we basically got nothing out of him.
He said he's only their to answer questions as a rep of the corporation and can only answer such. Even though my previous attorney sent all the questions to be asked before hand.
So I want to make sure I serve them absolutely correctly , so when they refuse or divert to something else. Proper notification is not in question. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also read that I can serve them to the corporate legal department.
10/23/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You have the right to have them personally served and they have to then appear in person.Thats the safest means here to force them to appear when you need them as witnesses.Any other lesser means may allow them to dodge having to appear.It is worth it to you to do this and spend the money for a process serve or sheriff to serve them with the subpoena.Anything less means they may try to dodge you or claim invalid notice.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Ray.
Michael Bradley
Phone call session started
Ray, Lawyer