Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I loaned a person money to purchase my business. They

Customer Question
Hello, I loaned a person...
Hello, I loaned a person money to purchase my business. They defaulted 3 years into the 5 year loan.
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Washington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
10/22/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I don't see your legal question?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I preceed in filing in court to start garnishing?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The balance is 23000 dollars
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you there??

Sorry for the delay. was working with other customer.. just a minute..

Ok, that amount is well over the small claims court limit so you would have to hire a local civil litigation attorney to represent you in court in a breach of contract action unless you are familiar with filing your own lawsuits, writing briefs, the rules of evidence, civil procedure, etc..

.

So you have to first sue them and get a judgment against the person, then you can start doing things like garnishing wages, liening any real estate they own, and seizing bank accounts to apply to the judgment.

.

Your purchase agreement may also give you the right to enter and retake possession of the business, but you would need to review it to see if that is a legal option you can pursue..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney