I loaned a person money to purchase my business. They

Customer Question
Hello, I loaned a...

Hello, I loaned a person money to purchase my business. They defaulted 3 years into the 5 year loan.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/22/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I don't see your legal question?

.

.

thanks

How do I preceed in filing in court to start garnishing?
The balance is 23000 dollars
Hello?
you there??

Sorry for the delay. was working with other customer.. just a minute..

Ok, that amount is well over the small claims court limit so you would have to hire a local civil litigation attorney to represent you in court in a breach of contract action unless you are familiar with filing your own lawsuits, writing briefs, the rules of evidence, civil procedure, etc..

.

So you have to first sue them and get a judgment against the person, then you can start doing things like garnishing wages, liening any real estate they own, and seizing bank accounts to apply to the judgment.

.

Your purchase agreement may also give you the right to enter and retake possession of the business, but you would need to review it to see if that is a legal option you can pursue..

.

.

thanks