I have been charged with workers compensation fraud, I did…

I have been charged...

I have been charged with workers compensation fraud , I did fill out n incident report stating I fell , which I didn't. I went to the hospital [ I am currently paying the bill ] but I went back to work the next day. I recieved no money. My charge is a felony and I am a nurse. In order to renew my license I have to state I have been charged with a felony. I have never been in trouble before and I am extremely frightened of losing my career.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

The charge is in Pennsylvania but I live in New York. I stated on an incident report that I fell at work , when in fact I didn't , I only wanted to go home,.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

10/22/2017
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Have you had a court appearance yet? Have you entered a plea?

Have you made any statements acknowledging guilt?

Loren, Attorney
I have had a preliminary hearing I am supposed to go to court tomorrow. They have offered me ARD program due to the fact I have never been in trouble. Yes I did say I didn't fall so I have admitted guilt. But now my career and livelyhood are at risk. I am scared to death. This is how they got information from me , I do not know the law so I just told them.
Phone call session started