Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My ustairs neigbor in the aparment complex is a serious

My ustairs neigbor in...

My ustairs neigbor in the aparment complex is a serious drinker most likely an alcoholic. He causes all kinds of trouble, makning loud noises all through the night. Haveing loud, racious parties whooping and hollering. He drinks and falls all over the place. He lost his keys could not get into his apartment so he defecated on his pation.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A lot of thinkgs have been reported. There are police reports, Ive sent in documents, He has been warned over and over again but nothing ever happens becasue they tell me. They have to be careful of lawsuits.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The last incedent was a fight that broke out from his apartment onto the patio, Physical fighting. Police called. etc.

10/22/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Can I sue my apartment company for undue stress medications, rent form the time it started, purchase of a secrity system after there was a theft,I would like to get all my rent paid returned started Feb 2,2017 to December 31th the end of our lease. I have come up with a figure of 14740 rent 500 for a secrity system be had to put in due to a theft, Noise canceling headphones 355. and stress and anixety which I have been diagnoswith and also PTSD.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Hello, I do not participate in the phone call program. Hence, the rejection of your offer.

Will this take long?

Your question:

Response: Yes, you can. You can sue for breach of quiet enjoyment of the premises implied in ALL leases and for damages resulting from the breach. The lawsuit would be filed at your local district Court--it cannot be filed at the Justice of Peace Court because of the amount that you are claiming. Justice of Peace Courts handle Small Claims and cases $10,000.00 or less.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Will i still be charged even though we did not talk on the phone?
Does the amount of 13885 plus any court cost sound like a good amount or to little.

A phone call is an additional charge. You would be charged for this chat pursuant to your agreement with the site. However, the person answering your question does not get paid until you have given the person a positive rating.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you how to value your claim because that amounts to giving you legal advice, which I am prohibited from giving by the terms of service. I only provide general legal information pursuant to terms of service.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you for the information. It is very helpful.

You are quite Welcome! and thank you very much for the positive rating.

Goodluck with your case,

Michael Bradley
Phone call session started
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law