Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can I cancel a auto insurance claim,if it is under

investigation...
Can I cancel a auto insurance claim,if it is under investigation
10/21/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your insurance law question today.

I'm attorney Bill assisting you today.

What State is your claim in and why is your claim under investigation ?

What was the insurer's last response to your claim.

Looking forward to your follow up.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS exiting today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I am low battery,if I disappear again,I will be back after charging. I am in Newyork state,I put a claim in because my car had water it it,on back floor,and would not start. I had it towed Tia shop,and they said the water was coming in from in know sources. I have no idea how the water got in. The insurance company is accusing me of "submerging" it, the shop said if that were true,it would have wet filters,etc. it was a main module that was wet,but none of that. They interviewed me and my husband with a tape recorder,and now are saying they want our personal phone records. They are looking for me asking to be towed out of water,or something of the sort. There is nothing like that to worry about,but other things on my texts I do. Not want seen. They have not paid me anything yet,and I just ant to cancel

You are entitled to withdraw a claim anytime.You aren't obliged to provide phone records tot he insurance company as part of their assessment as this would be an unreasonable invasion upon privacy; they would need a subpoena to demand these.

If they are unreasonably withholding payment you may have a bad faith insurance claim.

You can also make a complaint to the Department of Insurance and follow up in the small claims or city court.

http://dfs.ny.gov/insurance/dfs_insurance.htm

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I pray this is right.. I have been so upset and not eaten in days.. When he came to the house with a recorder he said if we didn't answer his questions,we could end up under oath..then he said minutes later,if I did not answer the whole thing would be thrown out.. I did not know what was true.. Then he sent this certified letter asking for phone records..bi just want to drop the claim,but wanted legal advice first..I am 46 year old mom,very scared,and upset

I see you have yet to rate my answer positively; the way the site works is that I get a credit after you leave positive feedback.

You don't have to unreasonably comply with demands from the insurance company, including recorded conversations.

Because their conduct was oppressive you would be entitled to report the insurer with the department of insurance.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer