I received a juror subpoena for failure to respond to the…

Customer Question
I received a juror...

I received a juror subpoena for failure to respond to the questionnaire, but then I competed the questionnaire online. Am I still required to show?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

NY. Queens county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm not sure what you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The subpoena date is tomorrow

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/20/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Am I still required to show?

.

Yes, a subpoena is a legal order from the court for you to appear in court on the assigned date.. The only way you wouldn't have to appear is if the subpoena said "either appear or send in the questionnaire" .

.

If it didn't state that, and you don't appear, then the judge can issue a bench warrant for your arrest.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much