I have a contract with a local company in Vancouver BC. I…

Good morning. I have a...
Good morning. I have a contract with a local company in Vancouver BC. I have allowed them to charter my boat in their fleet. I have been emailing and calling about my revenue and expenses statement for weeks without a response or even acknowledgment. Per my calculations they owe me thousands. I have bills I need to pay on my end and feel their lack of communication and lack of buinsess accumen is causing me stress and anxiety. All I want to know is when I will be paid and how much the blalance will be after expenses. Thanks
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. Does your contract state how frequently they have to notify you re: revenues/expenses?

I don't think what you're asking for is unreasonable, so you should feel free to continue to ask - but some contracts state they only have to notify you once a month or on some other time frame.

The contract does not state when or how they need to submit information. Guess that's why they feel they don't need to. My concern is that since I ask them and try and contact them on a daily basis it's considered harassment. As you mentioned I'm not asking much just need information.

It is not considered harassment - particularly when they refuse to engage in any conversation with someone they are under contract to communicate with

Ok thanks for your time.

My pleasure. And please reach out if you need anything at all in the future. You can always reach me directly by putting FOR OLIVIA in the first line of your question and it'll be routed to me. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney