I am out of status and the reason being that i was not able…

i am out of status...
i am out of status and the reason being that i was not able to attend classes will this make my chances of reinstatement very low, the reason being a very obvious one?
10/18/2017
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning.If you have F1 status you must not only be enrolled in classes, you must attend those classes as a student in order to maintain the status.When you entered the United States, your immigration status was valid for the duration of status, or rather for as long as you were a student.If you failed to attend classes, or even enroll in classes, then yes, in theory, you are out of status.Although the immigration service may not devote any resources in tracking you down, if you apply for another immigration benefit, or your immigration status is somehow otherwise exposed to the proper authorities, you may have problems, including, but not limited to, deportation.
I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
what are the chances of reinstatement sir?
i have not been out of status for 5 months neither do i have any criminal records or worked out of campus.
and it was also my first time in USA.

ok

This depends on your school’s leave policy. The requirement for maintaining F-1 status is to continue to make normal progress toward the degree, diploma, or certification for which one is enrolled.

Most schools have a leave policy that will allow a student who is unable to continue their studies due to an emergency or other extraordinary event to temporarily interrupt their studies without losing their status as a student in good standing. If the school has such a policy which would apply to your circumstances, your DSO can place you in that leave status, which will still count as “normal progress”, and will thus maintain your visa status.

Therefore, you should talk to your school’s DSO about what your options are before you leave school, fail to register for classes for a new term, or file paperwork with the school requesting to withdraw.

In addition, if do withdraw with good cause and promptly return to your home country (or at least leave the US), the school will terminate your SEVIS status, but in a manner that will make it fairly easy to reinstate when you are ready to resume your studies. You will have to get a new I-20 and may need a new F-1 visa, but you were approved once, and that will make it easier to be approved again.

The main thing here is to maintain communication with your DSO, follow your DSO’s directions and advice, and to leave the US promptly if directed to do so.

Thank you very much.
what if i seek help from an immigration lawyer, what would be the chances of me being reinstated.
i have to file for the reinstatement as soon as possible. would you recommend that?
you definitely should consult with an immigration attorney quickly. It would increase your chances of reinstatement based upon your school’s leave policy.
thank you.
how long does the reinstatement process take?
It takes several weeks depending on your schools policy and your DSO office.
okay sir. thank you.
will the USCIS contact and question my DSO if in case i go with the reinstatement process?
No, the DSO will work it out with you before they report it