Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a sister who has been appointed power of attorney

Customer Question
over our mom...we don't mind...
I have a sister who has been appointed power of attorney over our mom...we don't mind that, but the problem is we think she is spending mom's money on her own needs....we need to know how or what legal actions we should take to at least see any records or bank statements to ensure the money is being spend on mom's needs
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: We are in Washington state, and I'm not sure of any paperwork being filed
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No that we are aware of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No we just need to know are options and if we need to retain legal assistance
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
10/18/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your probate law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your POA question today.

Where a attorney in fact is abusing his powers and acting outside the POA or not in the the interests of the principle/ your mom , you can apply to the probate court for the removal of her powers and that she account for any transfers or assets that have been used not to the benefit of your mom.

To do this you should file a court petition with the county/probate court.

We are here to help.

So please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today before exiting.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

You posted a question and I a response a few days back.

I'm checking up with you if you require any additional information in relation to my answer.

Just let me know.

I'm an independent legal expert and not an employee of this site.

I only get a credit for my time after you leave positive feedback per terms of service.

So kindly

remember to rate positively today.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before exiting.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer