Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was in an accident that was not my fault. A speeding

Thanks, ***** ***** in an...
Thanks, ***** ***** in an accident that was not my fault. A speeding bicycle took a wide turn around a corner while I was trying to turn around. He was unable to stop, missed hitting me but got clipped by my front driver side bumper and crashed. I stopped to see if he was all right. He responded 'I don't know' and walked out of sight. While I was trying to move my car out of the street I had some sort of attack ( felt like a heart attack) and lef t to get help. The police have since contacted me by mail about leaving the scene without exchanging information. I had tests done by a doctor to try to figure out what happened but they came up normal. I need advice on the best way to proceed.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Ca. And 2012
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not on my end
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Once I left I pulled over once the I realized that the symptoms were starting to subside and I was no longer in an emergency situation. I later went to a doctor for tests.
10/17/2017
Michael Bradley

as long as you have documentation that you went to the doctor regarding the problems you were having you should be fine

it would have been best to wait for the police to arrive but you had no choice as it was a life threatening issue

you may be cited but I believe that you have a solid argument to defend yourself

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks that helps, I will contact them and see what happens.
You are welcome.
Good luck.
Please rate my advice. While I do not do this for the ratings my compensation is tied to the ratings system.
Michael Bradley

I hope it works out for you

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer