I have a pre-trial conference coming up in Superior Court of…

Ok I have a pre-trial...
Ok I have a pre-trial conference coming up in Superior Court of District of Columbia. I am concerned about turning in exhibits. Civil Rule*****deals with it but I do not understand. Example. Say I have medical records for one doctor do I have to label each page ex 1 ...onwards and then I have another Dr do I do same thing... and I dont quite understand the language of this portion of the rule (f) PRETRIAL AND SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE.
(1) Attendance. The lead counsel who will conduct the trial for each of the represented
parties, and, unless excused by the judge for good cause, all parties must attend the
pretrial and settlement conference.
(2) Exhibits. All counsel and unrepresented parties must bring to the conference their
trial exhibits, copies of which were served on other parties pursuant to Rule 16(c)(3). If
any party proposes to offer more than 15 exhibits at trial, that party's exhibits must be
arranged as follows:
(A) Nonjury Trials. In nonjury trials, the original exhibits, with numbered exhibit
stickers affixed, must be placed in a looseleaf, three-ring notebook with tabbed divider
pages. At the front of the notebook must be an Exhibit Summary Form (copies of which
are available in the clerk's office) describing each exhibit by number.
(B) Jury Trials. In jury trials, the notebook must contain copies of all the exhibits; the
original exhibits, with stickers affixed, must be placed in a folder, in numerical order,
along with the original Exhibit Summary Form.
(3) Conference Details. The conference will generally be heldquestion so what do they mean by 15 exhibits, mine is a jury trial...also notebook what r they talking about just a binder? Looseleaf and I guess I use exhibit summary forms I am willing to do this by phone but time is running out
10/17/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Thanks for requesting me! What they mean by exhibits is the evidence you plan on presenting at your trial. This could be medical records, emails, contracts, etc. As far as binders, this is one that you can pick up at a place like Staples or OfficeMax. They're usually those big three ring binders that you normally see toward the front of the store. As far as the exhibit summary forms, that's usually just going to be like a table of contents at the top of the binder. What you can do is create a table in Microsoft Word and then put what the name of the document is on one side and then put what tab it's going to be under. Speaking of which, you will also want to buy some tabs while you're at Staples or Office Max. You can use that to separate all of the exhibits. For example, if you have medical records on Tab 5, on the table of contents you will put medical records and then under the second column it'll be tab 5.
Legal Eagle, Lawyer