Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What type of pain and suffering case can I bring against an

individual who by BREACHING HIS...
What type of pain and suffering case can I bring against an individual who by BREACHING HIS CONTRACT TO MARRY ME AND TITLE TGE HOUSE TO ME HE CAUSED ME EIGHT YEARS OF HOMELESSNESS AND UNSAFE AND UNSTABLE LIVING CIRCUMSTANCES AND MADE SO DEPRESSED I WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR SUICIDE MANY MANY TIMES AND HE GAVE ME PTSD DUR TO TGE TRAUMAS I RECEIVED-PHYSICAL AND SEXUAL VIOLANCE FROM OTHER STRANGE PEOPKE AFTER HE ABANDONED ME AND LEFT ME HOMELESS, I am currently disabled because of my condition and take five medications that if I don't take them I will have a seizure. I LOST$110,000 in value on the false representation of giving the title to the house to me when I was engaged to the man with the house.
10/16/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

FL does not recognize suits for breach of promise to marry. Fla. Stat. § 771.01 (2005). The rights of action heretofore existing to recover sums of money as damage . . . breach of contract to marry are hereby abolished.

As such, you cannot seek any damages for breach of promise to marry.

As far as the house, if he breached a written contract on the house, you can sue for breach of contract and seek ONLY the money you lost, you cannot seek pain and suffering for breach of contract, you can seek only the actual money the breach of contract caused you to lose.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually I was informed that this case falls under PROMISSORY ESTOPPEL IN WHICH I SUFFERED SEVERE DETRIMENT DUE TO RELIANCE ON A VERBAL PROMISE OF WHICH THE CONTRACT WAS BASED. I am wondering what can I do to pursue legal action against him for half the market price of the house.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was shown the deed to the house and brought to the house many times while it was being built as well explained of what the future intentions were with the house when erected and home improvements. I was told this is sufficient evidence as well as our engagement that he intended I live in the house and title it to me.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, while it is a form of promissory estoppel, the FL legislature blocked suits for breach of promise to marry, so you cannot bring suit for breaching the promise to marry under promissory estoppel and that is why I provided you the law above with the FL Statute.

I am afraid whoever told you this is sufficient evidence was really not correct under FL laws. Unless he put your name on the title already then removed it, this is going to be one of the cases that the FL law above was intended to prevent.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney