Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If our interest in land is in a corporation can a nursing

Customer Question
home take these assets JA: Because...
If our interest in land is in a corporation can a nursing home take these assets
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nebraska
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. Thinking about setting up a corporation and even though we have some nursing home insurance we want to make sure our land is projected
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I meant protected
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
10/16/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you

with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I am concerned that I may be signing up for something that is a monthly charge. I only wanted an answer to this question

I see what you mean. I have no reason to believe that this is going to be a monthly charge. It' a one-time thing. Much cheaper than speaking with an attorney in your area. Shall I continue?

What is the cheapest way to go?

Just through a text chat with me like we're doing. It's only a total of $36.

there is nothing I will need to cancel...This is just a one time charge?

Correct, but you can always check with Just Answer's customer care team to verify:-). Would you like me to continue?

But please provide me with a phone number I can call if I need to.

Sure thing. A phone call is $59 extra, just an FYI, so if you're keeping it cheap, we can continue chatting through this method.

Sorry I meant a phone number if I have a question about billing. Then I will be ready to continue

Sure thing, you can always contact Just Answer’s Customer Care team by clicking here or calling them at 1-***-***-****.

Ok...Thank you . Ready to start

Great, just a moment...

Thank you very much for your patience. In the worst case scenario, if you are delinquent on a bill to a nursing home and they decide to sue, then they could potentially get a lien on your personal assets. If the corporation is part of your personal assets then it is possible that they could get the lien. However, this would only happen if they sued, they won the case, and you didn't pay the Judgment. Normally, they would have to go back to court and sue you again for the lack of payment and then ask for what all of your assets are. So, we are talking potentially years down the road where it might potentially be possible for them to do such a thing. What other questions did you have for me?

I think that answers that. My corporation assets would be subject to a lien and not protected. Thank you!!
Have a good day!!

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the screen you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer