I sent you my statement,,seems to me I have a big problem,im…

I sent you my statement,,seems...
I sent you my statement,,seems to me I have a big problem,im looking for an answer to this problem yet you,ask me what I want? If you were me what would you want? Come on now, what legal rights...do...I have?can the sheriff do the job of a lawyer,or judge?this easement is part of the property we own and the previous owner for 25 years a d the owners before that.Can they just move in and wreck the driveway can they stop me from maintenance??
10/16/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You would have to file a civil suit here .You can file it yourself to enforce easement.I understand you are short on funds here.

In Minnesota, the courts have recognized that a property owner has the legal right to create a landlocked parcel. Lake George Park, LLC v. IBM Mid-Am. Employees Fed. Credit Union, 576 N.W. 2d 463 (Minn. App. 1998), review denied (Minn. June 17, 1998). Problems arise, however, when the owner of the landlocked parcel wants to cross another person’s property in order to get access to a road. In those situations, the courts look to see whether the property owners have a written or unwritten agreement about access. If a written agreement or an unwritten easement exists, the court will enforce it. If no such agreement or easement exists, then the only way to get access to the landlocked parcel will be by purchasing an adjacent parcel of land, or by purchasing an easement across a neighbor’s land.

The easiest cases are those where a written agreement exists between the two parties. The court then can interpret the agreement, and determine the length, width, location, and other details about the access.

Maybe you have a local lawyer at least send demand letter and go with you to see the sheriff.You have a clear easement and right to maintain it.

That would be cheaper than a civil suit and lawyer might get sheriff to enforce this.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Hennepin County Bar Association LRIS
Website: http://www.hcba.org/
600 Nicollet Mall, #390
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Serving Hennepin County and the Twin Cities Metro Area

Ramsey County Bar Association
Website: http://www.ramseybar.org/find-a-lawyer/
E-1401 First National Bank Building*****br />St. Paul, MN 55101
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Serving Ramsey County, and the East Metro

Try a a letter here from lawyer and have lawyer talk to sheriff.You have right to maintain it.

Ray, Lawyer