My mother in Starke co Indiana is going through a divorce…

Customer Question
My mother in Starke co...
My mother in Starke co Indiana is going through a divorce and has a prenup splitting everything acquired after marriage (of 10 years to date) they have 6 payments left on an almost brand new car and her husband (recent stroke victim) gave his cpa power of attorney over himself, and accounts, bussniess affairs, medical etc. he's not all there and called the car in and had it repossessed, after purposely missing 2 payments. My mom has no access to there joint account
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
To pay the bills anymore, he's cutting her off from everything from eating to basic needs to transportation, even if it's sabotaging it and for no reason , she has till nov 11 to redeem the car but if I loan her the $$5000 how can she be sure she will get possession of title mid devorse ,and he doesn't keep cutting off his nose to spite his face by trying to hurt her and sell, ruin , and systematically destroy everything they have aqquired before it's settled?
He's destroyed her credit, ability to get around and help herself and also even to get bank account , there only income is his ssi
10/16/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Whose name is ***** ***** title to the car?

What does the prenuptial agreement say about the car?

Is he mentally competent?

Tina, Lawyer