Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My daughters boyfriend who is on state parole is staying…

My daughters boyfriend who...

My daughters boyfriend who is on state parole is staying here and causing a lot of tension because he is not working or paying his $250 a month rent. What can I do to have him removed from my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry, pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet we don't know what to do. Parole department has this as his temporary home plan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well we sleep our bedroom door licked if that means anything

10/14/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do I go through law enforcement or parole department?

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You can start by giving him notice to pay the rent or vacate, showing him that if he wants to stay, he needs to pay, or else you will proceed and evict. If he fails to do so, you would need to proceed through the court and start the process and file for eviction. The failure to pay rent is a civil matter involving a landlord and tenant, so they may not get involved, unless he is in violation of his parole.

He is in violation of parole for not working and I already did ask home for the rent numerous times
Never mind I will call his PO

You shared your issue is with the rent and wanting him to move, which is why I shared what I did above. Now, if he is in violation of his release, his PO is who you want to call.

Thank you that is what I will do monday
If we live that long

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you are in fear, you can always call the police as well.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
LegalKnowledge, Attorney