Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We have 2 production employees that occasionally miss

regular work hours and have...
We have 2 production employees that occasionally miss regular work hours and have requested to work more than 8 hours on another day(s) during the same week to make up the time missed, per California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 11170, Miscellaneous Employees, paragraph 8 regarding "Makeup Time". It appears that if our employees request makeup time in writing and don't exceed a total of 40 hours in the same week, or 11 hours on any one day, that we can accommodate their request without being obligated to pay overtime. Is this regulation still current, or have there been recent modifications to the regulations regarding makeup time that would change how we need to handle a request for makeup time?
10/12/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you very much for requesting for my assistance once more.

Kindly give me a few minutes to research the information and get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

This code section is still valid. So, you can grant the employee's request if you want to.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law