How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28364
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend was caught 16 years ago with 1 gram of cocaine

This answer was rated:

Hi there. my boyfriend was caught 16 years ago with 1 gram of cocaine and he was given community service in new york. instead of doing it he left the country and returned home abroad as his mother was ill. What will happen now if he goes back to new york? Will he be arrested? Thank you
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: it was in the Bronx
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He has no idea. and i dont know how to find out as we are in another country. What should we do?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. But i cant do a video call if you require that at this moment because my computer is not good. if that is required i could call a different day

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know if a warrant was issued for his arrest?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi .No and because we are in a differnt country we have no idea how to find out

Thank you for the reply. He can look online, through the clerk of courts website or call the court, when they open this morning. If there is an active warrant and he tries to return and enter the US, he likely would be picked up on it and taken into custody and held and brought back before the court. If he wants to now resolve this, he would need to hire a criminal defense attorney and file a motion for the warrant to be lifted and the case reset, so he can appear in person to work this out. He needs to see if they would agree to allow him to perform the community service or if they are set on jail time, based upon his absconding .

LegalKnowledge and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you so much for your advice!