Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was fired after working on my job for more than 24 years.

The reason I was fired...
I was fired after working on my job for more than 24 years. The reason I was fired because someone got some exspict photos off my phone. These photos was never shared by me but I didnt have a lock on my phone.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, These pictures was exspose because I refused to give an employee their job back.
10/12/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am sorry to hear that your employment was terminated.

Answer: Unfortunately, South Carolina is an at-will employment state. That means that either you or the employer can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason at all. The limitation is that employers cannot terminate an employee for an illegal reason, such as discrimination or retaliation for exercising an employee's legal right.

From the information you have provided it does not seem that you would have any recourse for this termination of employment. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but hope this will not affect your rating of my services.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi