Concerning exhibits presented during deposition to be

Concerning exhibits presented during...

Concerning exhibits presented during deposition to be marked, when is the appropriate time to attain a copy for the courtreportiing record?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just in deposition, no request from either side to transcribe.....

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's probably it......some discussion going as to the atty presenting an original and wanting it numbered as an exhibit .......shouldn't a copy be basically demanded as part of the official record or does the atty retain the right to simply have it numbered and then walk with it and not provide copy

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/12/2017
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

No, you should have been given copies of all exhibits offered at the deposition.

Would the Atty normally bring copies for the reporter as he or she introduces them? I would like to hold on to it once I number it but there are times when once numbered the Atty retains control of the document and leaves with it before it can be copied. This leaving a blank at time of order

The exhibits that get marked go with the court reporter as official exhibits to the deposition transcript. At the deposition, the attorney offering the exhibits has to provide copies to all parties. The copies are not marked as exhibits. The attorney cannot leave with the marked exhibits, it goes with the court reporter. There can be a case when an original document needs to be preserved and a copy admitted to the court reporter.

Please kindly rate the question so I may be credited. Thank you. You can still ask follow-up questions.

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer