Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a question regarding my immigration visa C1. No not

Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question regarding my immigration visa C1
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No not right now
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that will be all
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2017
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Good morning
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good morning
Please give me more details about your question
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a question regarding my C1 visa
Please ask me.
I am here to assist you with your C-1 question.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last week i was denied entry on the visa waiver program.I wanted to visit my boyfriend.I got a code written in my passport it says 217.4 (a) (1).The CBP officer assumed immigration intent.I had to make a sworn statement on Form I-831 and sign Form I-263 A.I didn't receive a ban.They took my fingerprints and picture.The Officer just said that i can never come to the United States on a visa waiver again and instead apply for a B2 or Immigration visa. When i start the process with my C1 visa do i need a waiver?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im worried that I can never see my future husband again because of the border denial.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At the border at the primary screening i didn't mention that i want to visit my boyfriend.Later at the secondary screening the CPB officer said that that I have immigration intent and misrepresented myself to the border officer at the primary inspection.This interview was recorded in my Form I-831. They didn't ban me.They said i need to come on and apply for a different visa next time i enter the United States. My question is do i need a waiver for the I-130 Form C1 Visa? Do I need a waiver only if I received a ban?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please help me with my question.
I am working on your answer. I need a few minutes to properly answer your question.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Are you filing an I 130? What visa would you be seeking?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im filling the I-130
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Marriage based C1 Visa
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im afraid its going to get denied or I have to file a waiver which are very hard to obtain.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven't received a 5 year ban and put in expedited removal.I was just told that i can never visit on a Visa waiver again.
Are you now out of the country? What did they stamp in your passport?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am out of the country I live in Germany. They didn't stamp my passport.They wrote a code in the back of my page :8CFR 217.4 (a) (1)###-##-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the date at the end of of my passport handwritten
Ok
Did you overstay?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never overstayed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On my first trip i stayed the whole maximum 90 days i was allowed to stay and left the country. On my second trip i was denied enty and detained like i mentioned above.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just want to know if the border denial is going to affect my I-130 petition and do i have to file a waiver ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I talk to two different immigration lawyer i was told no waiver will be needed.But I'm still not sure.
Ok. If you did not overstay, then no waiver is required. You were denied entry not an overstay.The code they put in your passport means that you overstayed, it was not a ban or a deportation order.So, yes you can apply to adjust based upon your marriage.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you. Thats is just strange to me because i didn't overstay i left the country on time. I was told I was reduced entry because of immigration intent.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Refused entry im sorry
but the key thing is they did not make an official entry that you were removed, denial is just that, denied entry. There is no ban to adjust on marriage, and no waiver required.Don't worry and file the petition with confidence.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much for your help.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One more question I do have. How to i know If i was removed or put in expedite removal.What proceeding do they do? I'm sorry I just always worry.
Ok
If you did have an Orders of expedited removal, or a removal, you would have been issued a document stating such by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”) officials at the point you were denied entry.It is very very unlikely you were issued the order without knowing it.
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I just been issued a record of sworn statement in administrative proceeding I -877 Form and had to sign a Record of Sworn Statement Form I-263A.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a question concerning the petitioner who is filling the I-130 form. When a patina is convicted of domestic violence will this affect the I-130 petition?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
petitioner I'm sorry
What was the charge and outcome?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The charge was for simple assault and battery and theroristic threats and acts. I don't know if this will have an affect on the I-130 petition. The only crimes that prevent the petitioner from filling are crimes which fall under the Adam Walsh Act.Basically If the petitioner has a conviction against a minor the petition will not be approved.
Correct. Having criminal convictions which are covered by the IMBRA does not make the petitioner ineligible to submit a petition.At the very least, you will be informed of the criminal record by the government, and they could ask questions on the charges and the outcome.,they rarely deny unless it was an offense that is classified as a “specified offense against a minor” .
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does the petitioner has to disclose those crimes I mentioned above when filling the I-130 form? I know when filling and petitioning for the K1 Visa you have to disclose those kind of crimes (Domestic violence ). Do you have to do it for the spouse visa too?
also for the i130
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you
You're welcome
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need your advice again.We talked 4 days ago about my denial at the border. Some things are still not clear to me.Recently i was denied entry on the visa waiver program.I wanted to visit my boyfriend.I got a code written in my passport it says 217.4 (a) (1).The CBP officer assumed immigration intent.I had to make a sworn statement on Form I-831 and sign Form I-263 A.They took my fingerprints and picture.The Officer just said that i can never come to the United States on a visa waiver again and instead apply for a B2 or Immigration visa. I wasn't given any documents where it says expedited removal or deportation order.At the border at the primary screening i didn't mention that i want to visit my boyfriend.Later at the secondary screening the CPB officer said that that I have immigration intent and misrepresented myself to the border officer at the primary inspection.This interview was recorded in my Form I-831.They said i need to come on and apply for a different visa next time i enter the United States.My questions are :
1. Did I receive a lifetime ban under 212(a) (6)(C)(i)?
2.Was i being charged for fraud and misrepresentation under 212(a) (6)(C)(i)?
3.Will i need to obtain a I-601 Waiver or a I 212 Waiver for my spouse visa to be approved at the interview?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I add my Sworn Affidavit Interview and my passport code.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Passport Code
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know if I was given a misrepresentation charge under 212(a) (6)(C)(i) or a ban was placed on me. I'm afraid that the spouse visa is going to get denied at the interview and we need to file a I-601 waiver and prove extreme hardship.
I just hope its a simple denial at the border and no waiver is need but I'm not sure.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I asked another expert he answered that I am excluded which is a 5 year ban from the U.S. and I have the permanent inadmissibility ban for misrepresentation. To come back to the U.S. as a non-immigrant, I would need a 212(d)(3) waiver. To come back as an immigrant, you I need the I-601 waiver for the misrepresentation and if I apply within the 5 year ban, you I also need the I-212.
I am shocked. I don't know what to do. I wasn't given no documents stating such ban. I wasn't given no documents stating that i was ordered removed or placed into expedital removal.
that is correct based upon the fraud. Immigration fraud or misrepresentation is a lifetime bar to adjusting to permanent residence or lawfully gaining admission to the U.S. (either as an immigrant or nonimmigrant).
KJL LAW
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer